Thursday, March 31, 2011

Alphabet Fun - Letter Pp

Jenni is 3 years 8 months

We had plenty of activities planned for Pp week! Here is some of what we did...

Bible Verse:
Praise be to the Lord..who made heaven and earth. (2 Chronicles 2:12)

Palio's Pizza Picnic at the Park

We love a good park! (And we love a good pizza too!) One of our family outings was to our favorite park for a picnic dinner and a late night walk around the pond, picking wild flowers. We also got to catch the last few minutes of a little league baseball game - adorable!

Potato Prints (with purple and pink paint)

I love potato prints! We rarely eat potatoes but I like keeping them around for painting projects. Jenni had fun painting purple p's and pink pentagons.

Homemade Pizza

 
Jenni made a simple cheese pizza and paired it with pears for dinner.

Popcorn and Pajama Party

I remember making caramel popcorn as a little girl with my mother and loving it! When planning Pp Week I knew we had to have a popcorn party. So J and I made some delicious popcorn in our PJ's :)

Homemade Pretzels




When planning Pp Week, I spoke with my sister for some inspiration and she mentioned making pretzels. I thought that was a super idea. I've never made pretzels myself, so I thought Jenni and I would have a good time learning together :)

Homemade Playdough






Jenni girl made pink and peach colored playdough pancakes :) We don't buy playdough for the kids because it is one thing I thoroughly don't like getting out and cleaning up BUT homemade playdough is so much fun and we like the consistency much bettter.

Homemade Playdough Recipe:
2 cups flour, 1 cup salt, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon cream of tartar, 2 cups water, food coloring

Mix together and cook, stirring constantly. The playdough is done when the mixture pulls away from sides of pan. Turn onto table and knead a few minutes. (I've read that if you wait for the playdough to cool completely, the food coloring mixes in better. I've also read that you can refrigerate it for a month. I haven't explored either of those ideas...yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment