Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Birthing Resources

I thought I would share some of the resources I found helpful in preparing me for my very successful, unmedicated, natural VBAC that I am so very thankful for!

Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
This was the first book I read and the most informative book of them all. Part one includes birth stories and part two includes the essentials of birth.

Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way by Susan McCutcheon
This was also a wonderful book that prepared us for a drug- and surgery-free natural childbirth. I found the breathing and relaxation tools extremely helpful.

The VBAC Companion: The Expectant Mother's Guide to Vaginal Birth After Cesarean by Diana Korte
The author explains the risks and benefits of both VBACs and repeat cesareans, overcoming fears about labor, how to find a VBAC-friendly doctor or midwife and hospital or birth center. Also included is pain-relieving techniques, VBAC success stories, and inspiration for a safe and joyful birth.

Husband-Coached Childbirth by Robert A. Bradley, M.D.
This book has all the information you need to approach a natural childbirth safely, confidently, and wisely.

The International Cesarean Awareness Network (ICAN)
ICANs Mission Statement: To improve maternal-child health by preventing unnecessary cesareans through education, providing support for cesarean recovery, and promoting Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC).

In addition to the above, I am extremely thankful for my sweet husband who was a super-champion all throughout labor, for my dear family and friends who encouraged, supported and prayed for me, and for the super-awesome doctor who helped me have the successful VBAC I so desired!

1 comment: