Thursday, July 18, 2013

THE Pirate Key

 The grocery trip innocently started with me parking the car and Joshua saying, "Mommy, turn around and look at my sweet face." :)

To make a very long story shorter, Joshua lost his Jake and the Never Land Pirates key. The pirate key came with a pirate sword that he got for Christmas last December. The pirate key became one of his many beloved toys. He has carried this key for eight months in his pocket, slept with it under his pillow, took baths with the key on the side of the tub. He loves this key.


 While we were grocery shopping (and without me knowing) he placed his key in the produce section. After we returned to the car he said that he no longer had his key. Knowing how much this key meant to him, I was sad for him. Sweet, sweet Joshua told me he couldn't remember where he put his key so I drove away from the store. While I was driving he told Jenni that he sat the key down next to the watermelons and pineapples. We drove back to the store (with a gallon of ice cream slowly melting in the trunk) and decided to quickly look for his key. We went to the produce section and found the watermelons and pineapples and the kids searched high and low. We could not find the key. We decided to return home.

Well, Eric returned home from his trip late that evening. I told him the story and asked him if he thought I was crazy for being so sad for Joshua. He didn't think I was crazy at all. So that's that. Or we're both slightly crazy. But our boy loves his pirate key. So Eric decided that he would go out and search for it again. At midnight. Not fifteen minutes later, he texted me with the picture of the found key! Sure enough, it was between/under the pallets of watermelons and pineapples. Crazy, ridiculous story but an oh, so happy ending. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment