Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Joys of July

The summer is flying by! We have had such a busy and fun month. The first part of the month we celebrated my sister and my soon-to-be niece or nephew! Then we celebrated my sweet Jenni J's 4th birthday. Mid-July we signed Jenni up for fall soccer and are looking forward to that new adventure. On July 21st Jenni turned four and we moved!

 I made this dress a few months ago but this was the first time Jenni wore it :)
 A soon-to-be four year old :)

 The day before Jenni's birthday someone cheerfully knocked on the door. Eric was at work so I wasn't sure who to expect on the other side of the door, but it was a kind delivery man with a special package for our birthday girl!
 I love cookie cakes for birthdays. I have had dozens of birthdays with these yummy cakes and Jenni is continuing with the fun tradition :)
 The sweet birthday girl in a new swimsuit for a late night birthday swim!
 A fun carousel ride on her birthday :)
 We moved! Packing and moving is always entertaining with these two :)
 My three loves hand-in hand.
After unpacking, I got busy sewing valances for our living room and dining room windows. We have made close to a dozen trips to fabric stores this past week and thankfully the kiddos have remained cheerful during the outings :)

Overheard
Joshua knows about three times as many signs as he does words, so he obviously signs for the most part to communicate with us. However, earlier this month after Eric returned home from work, Joshua came to sit in his lap and said, "Dada? I love you." Sweet little guy. He doesn't have too much to say, but when he does he sure is sweet :)

Jenni is patiently waiting for the arrival of her baby cousin. She asked me today if Aunt Andrea could have twin babies so that Andrea could have one and give Jenni the other. She said, "I promise to take care of her baby. I love feeding babies their bottles." We are so looking forward to meeting their sweet baby!

Jenni loves discussing what heaven might be like. After discussing whether or not heaven would have a kitchen, Jenni asked if I thought she might meet the disciples when she gets to heaven. I responded that she probably would if she would like to. She then asked, "Do you think the disciples will help me set the big table for us to eat at?" Sweet questions.

Looking ahead
Jenni and I are traveling to see my sister this upcoming week. We are looking forward to having some "girl time" while Eric and Joshua have some "guy time" :) My niece or nephew will be born in the wonderful month of August! August will also be the month that ballet starts again. And Jenni is starting Pre-K this week! We are SO excited! Lots of wonderful things ahead of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment