Sunday, August 14, 2011

Alphabet Fun - Letter Ii

(August 2011 - Jenni is 4 years old)

We had an interesting time learning about the letter Ii! Here is some of what we did...

Bible Verse:
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. (Genesis 1:1)

Song:
The Itsy Bitsy Spider

Poetry:
Inchworm (by Katrina Lybbert)

Inchworm, inchworm on the ground,
Crawling slowly, not a sound,
Do you wonder what you'll see,
When you pass beyond that tree?

Careful now, my little friend,
A bird is just around the bend,
Better hide inside that tree,
Where you will be safe and free!

Inchworm Craft

Isn't this little inchworm adorable?! Jenni wanted to pretend he was real so we did :) Throughout the day she would remind me that we had a little inchworm on the table :)

Writing the Letter Ii

Jenni worked on writing the letter Ii in her dry erase workbook.

I is for Igloo
 I cut strips of white paper out and had Jenni cut the strips into small squares and rectangles to use as blocks of snow.

 Jenni glued the "snow" to form the igloo.

Jenni already knew that an igloo can be used as a type of shelter, that it is built out of snow and is dome-shaped. She learned the snow is used as an insulator.

I is for Ice Cream Scoops
I made ice cream cones and ice cream scoops out of felt and also painted on numbers with fabric paint. Jenni worked on simple addition with numbers 0-10 for this activity.

Homemade Ice Cream


Delicious! I gave Jenni a couple different options of what to do or add to the ice cream and she decided to make a brownie and hot fudge sundae. The girl loves chocolate :)

Ii is for Insects
J learned some basic facts about insects and then we watched some videos showing the life cycle of different insects, which J thought was pretty neat.

Measuring in Inches


Jenni measured small items to figure out their length in inches. We used small items around the house - a stapler, glue stick, toy car, marker, crayon, etc.

I Spy Game
Jenni and I played I Spy while we were out and about in the car and also when we got home. One of the times on the drive Jenni said, "I spy something green." Obviously I said, "Is it the green grass?" Jenni J said, "Great job, Mommy! I am so proud of you!" Such a little encourager!

For more of what we learned this week, you can click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment